Do you feel like you repel people? Do you feel unlikable?

Well I do. I feel like I carry around an invisible forcefield that keeps people away from me. However, unhealthy people seem unaffected by my forcefield and they just barge on into my life and screw it up! Generally, people don't like me. On the rare occasion (and I do mean rare, like 5 times in my life) that someone bothers to get to know me, they find out that I'm a good person and a great friend. But, all my friends have drifted away into their lives and careers after college. Now I'm lonely as all heck and my natural person-repellent is keeping me from being able to make friends. I know I'm not imagining this. I'm friendly and I smile and talk about friendly things with people, but everyone is just put off mysteriously. I don't stink! I'm not looking for advice, I just want to know how many other women have this problem. It's kind of ruining my life and I want to change, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

laadeedah

Asked by laadeedah at 12:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Im there with ya on that one, but my problem is I use to be able to make friends so easly, now I don't know what went wrong, but I repel them like no tommorow.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think I am pretty likable. All my friends are just starting families and schedules are always a problem. So we don't see each other too often and I don't get out much to meet new people anyway. You could take art or cooking classes at night you'll meet new people. Maybe you just need some social practice at the first impression. I'm checking out Safe T Swim for Mommy and me classes tomorrow. I heard its fun.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Let people talk about themselves and they will love you.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I feel like that too. I mean I know all kinds of ladies from my ss baseball team and none call me and I don't call them. Even my dh bro's girlfriend who I thought was the sweetest girl, never bothers. I have no friends that I hang out with or talk to on a regular basis excpt here online. I hate it becase I need a workout partner and someone to just call once in a while and say hey want to go to lunch, for a bike ride, a walk in the park...nothing. Just my DH. I get the same thing, when someone does take time to get to know me, they seem to really like me so I don't know? Im the type of person that will many many things for people I like, I just don't have anyone in my life right this moment.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 1:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You are a likable person you had friends..I think they are still your friends,they just need to chat over tea and relax!I think our negative personnas about ourselves is what keeps people away.How do you really feel about yourself?Do you do negative self talk or forgive yourself when you mess up.I think working on your self esteem is the first step to lasting relationships..Hugs!
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 3:26 AM on Mar. 14, 2009