Does anyone know how long it takes.....

I was recently in a car accident about a month ago and have suffered some nerve damage which is hard since I have a newborn. Its sometimes a challenge to hold him for long periods of time, I am going through pyshical therapy which is helping a bit. Does anyone know a rough estimate of when I will recieve my settlement? I dont want to come right out and ask my lawyer when will I get the money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• When my ex hurt his back at work and went on comp ( i know a little different from you) but from the time he got hurt until he got a settlement agreement was roughly 2 years!!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Ask your lawyer. You're paying him, so he should be able to answer your question. You've suffered a serious injury, and you deserve to know the status of your settlement.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I would advise you not to push for a quick settlement. If you can do a settlement for car damage and initial medical bills that would be ok. Dont settle for your full injuries for a while I would hate for you to settle based on your current conditions and progonsis and months or years down the road have the injuries that you sustained in the accident continue to cause you pain and discomfort and placing limits on your quality of life with your little one. If you do a finnal settlement and later you have greater issues you can not receieve help from the insurance company
    Anonymous