what kind of sleeping medication can you take while breastfeeding.

i've been having lots of trouble going to sleep and staying asleep long enough to not make me want to sleep all day. i just recently was very depressed and i think that might be a lot to do with it. so any help would be so awesome. thank you for your time.

jen271

Asked by jen271 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Health

• All of the brand names I went to (tylenol, unisom) said to ask your doc. I took simply sleep a while back, my doc said it was fine but don't make a habit of it.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I don't know it you saw my first response but disregard it...It wasn't for BF mothers.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• From what my Dr said you can't take anything like that when you're breastfeeding.... IMO I wouldn't take the chance....Try to stick to a routine, maybe that will help... GL
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• you can ask for expert help, the website I came across the other day provides information on any kind of medication, as well as the side effects....go have a look at http://www.medicationreview.net/

tina_c828

Answer by tina_c828 at 2:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2009