How Do I Get Poop Off Of My Cloth Diapers?

okay, so this is our morning, and my son woke up after 10 hours, and is soaked and he pooped, but the poop is dried up in the diaper. How do I wash it out? Will it just fall off into the toilet like it would have when it was fresh?

Also I need some tips for fuzzi bunz at night. He had two micro terry inserts in, I have a baby bigger weed, but haven't used it yet. I gotta figure out how to prep it.

ReachtotheStars

Asked by ReachtotheStars at 1:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The pooh should just fall off. If not then try to soak it. It may wash off but I don't know just how much and the type of pooh it is. Did you know for stains that you can dry them in the sun and the sun will bleach them out.
    I've not heard of a baby bigger weed but we use fuzzi buns. We rarely make it through the night without a diaper change, DD just wet's too much! We have had some luck with using bamboo inserts with a microfleece insert.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I would say soak the diaper. Wash it, maybe twice if needed. If there is still a stain then set it in direct sun light for a couple of ours. I use Wahmies one size and DryBees AIO (all in one). If you are interested in a different kind of diaper go to the Twolittlewhales.com. The lady that does the business is really helpful by phone or by email. I had many question when I first started and she answered all of them. I would also suggest a diaper sprayer which she also sells on her sight. This way you can spray off your poopy diapers right into the toilet with out having to swish them in the toilet!
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I know you use cloth diapers for whatever reason but if you're not TOTALLY opposed to them and your child doesn't have skin issues with diapers, may I suggest Huggies Overnite Diapers??? They've been a LIFE SAVER for us with the twins. No more waking up soaked in the middle of the night (not to mention no need to worry about getting dried poop off a diaper).
    That said, one of the boys had a "blow out" this morning and since I didn't have laundry detergent I had to wait to wash the clothes so needless to say, there was some dried poop on there. I was able to get the poop off in the toilet. I did have to kind of rub the clothing against the toilet itself in the water but it came right off and didn't leave stains.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 3:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Wear disposable ones
    txtykade

Answer by txtykade at 10:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2009