Help!!

I am friends with benefits with a man. We have a good time together and laugh alot. I recently found out that he has been to prison. When I talked to his Ex...He is very jealous and can be controlling. She has a young kid with him and she has to call him all the time. His past is aweful. He wants her to marry him and they are talking about it. He wants me to ride it out and wait. I cannot do that...tooo much self respect and love for myself. Would he be this way with me? No bashing. Yes posted before on will history repeat itself? Went to prison for beating her with rifle trying to abort their unborn child, chased her another time and beat her, I read the letters she wrote to him, he would call and harrasse her saying nasty shit, accusing her of cheating, she has to call before, during, after and before bed she has to call him, very suspecious of her. So would he be this way with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• He will be that way with you. It isn't like she was "making" him behave that way. He is a grown man and thinks for himself so yes, he will do it again with anyone, including you. You don't have to tell him what you know but you need to end it with him. Besides, what kind of man sleeps with some woman while he is trying to win another woman back? He sounds like someone you need to get away from!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• yes, he probably would. men don't change easily. of course he wants you to ride it out b/c he wants his cake (her) and a lil piece on the side. i'd get outta that situation real fast.
    Anonymous

• You've already answered your own questions, reread what you've written!!
    Anonymous

• Um......whoa. I'm sorry, but I have to ask......why wouldn't he be this way with you? Do you think that it was just all her? Sorry, but I have my doubts about this guy.
    Anonymous

• Please from a female that actually survived...don't take the chance..I hope you make the right choice..
    lorrainebabies

Answer by lorrainebabies at 1:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• OMG. You and this other woman deserve better. Chances are he will find himself acting the way he did in the past. It may take extreme or stressful circumstances to bring it out, but hey, this isn't a stand up guy anyway if he is sleeping with you and trying to get his ex back.

Wake up and run!

You should both file for Protection from Abuse orders if he becomes aggressive.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well just hearing what had happened in the past would be enough for me and I would get out now while the gettin is good!!! Dont put yourself in a situation to where that could happen to you!!! As far as riding it out, well why let him play the both of you? He apparently wants more than pne woman which isnt fair to the both of you. I would get out now!!!
    boxin

Answer by boxin at 1:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2009