When to give my baby whole milk?

Can I give my 9month old whole milk yet?

QTMamma01

Asked by QTMamma01 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think the general rule is to use formula til 12 months then cow's milk after that.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 1:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• No whole milk till they turn 1.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I was told not to give my dd cow milk until she's a year(she's only six months now), but I would ask your doc, if you want to start at nine months, they might let you depending on your baby's size and development level.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• They say not to give a baby whole milk until they are one. But I know a lot of people who started earlier and the babies did just fine. I would ask a doctor then just start with whole milk slowly to make sure your lil one can digest it ok. I started my twin on whole milk when they turned nine months and they both did great and no problems with weight or anything else.
    mommaKAT4

Answer by mommaKAT4 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• It depends. I had my son switched over when he was 8 months old. It depends on their diet and their stomachs.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't recommend it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Why the rush? DS is two and he rarely has milk. There's really no need for it, so many better ways to get the calcium and such. Is there any reason you're in a hurry to give cow milk?
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 8:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009