unemployment

Does anyone know or at least know where I can go online to get the rules and criteria for filing for unemployment? My company is closing and if I can't find something quick- that may be my only option. I am sooooo stressed, thank you for your time. God bless.

-teresa4

Asked by -teresa4 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• You should be able to go to your state's website and type a keyword or start a search for unemployment. Good Luck to you... I had to take that route 9 months ago and still haven't found another job. I work part time from home, but it's not nearly enough to pay the bills yet.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• What state are you in? I'm in Idaho and I go through Idaho Labor and Commerce. If I just type that in a search I get sent to the right site. I would try (your state) Labor or (your state) unemployment. There should also be a number in your phone book in the state and government pages that you can call to get info. They usually tell you what the website is also. I hear you on the stress. The same thing happened to me last August. I've been unemployed since then and they just gave me an extension for another 5 months since I haven't found work yet. I'm only getting half of what I used to make. It sucks!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I can not answer that, but I can tell you my husband and I started looking for a Plan B, in case his job is no longer there. You might want to look at www.tgw247.com.  This is what I am doing now, to supplement his income and we are looking for folks to help us.  Email me if this looks like something you want to hear more about.  jmcansler@gmail.com      Philipians 4:19.

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 2:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You would have to go to your states web page.. easiest way, would be to type in:
    (___your state here___) unemployment

you will see many links giving you the informations you need
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:56 AM on Mar. 14, 2009