What color do you paint a room that three girls share? When the girls all like something different?

I have three girls ages 8, 6, and 5. They all share one huge bedroom. it's like a 15x20 room. They have a set of bunk beds plus a twin bed, 32in tv that hangs on the wall, computer and desk, and one dresser. 8 year old loves anything bright, bears, or HSM, 6 year old is a lil cowgirl (loves horse)
and 5 year old love princess, tinkerbell, and such. WHAT DO I DO? I need to paint and update their room but i'm so confused on how. ANY IDEAS?

mommaKAT4

Asked by mommaKAT4 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd just help them pick a mutual color they can all live with and then since their tastes are so different rather than actually painting any murals or putting up any designs I would just let them buy some posters they like and buy some cheap poster frames (like $10 at Target) and hang them in their sections. My son has his own room, but we have Monster Jam stuff, Colts stuff, Race Car stuff, and Spongebob stuff all in there and it all goes fine together. I just took off with the base color blue and coordinated all the things he was into with that color, so it'd look like it meshed together.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 1:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well if you are looking for a color other than a neutral, I would go with a pretty shade of green. It goes with anything (think grass with horses, butterflies, tinkerbell...)!
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Mauve! light with a stamper to decorate their little art work on their walls. Have you ever tried stensils? I did Noah's Ark and hummingbirds in my mom's basement.
    Anonymous

• the design on a dime show had somerthing like this and what they did was paint one wall for each color for each kid & the fourth wall make it a mutual color.
    squeekers

Answer by squeekers at 1:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I had 3 girls share the same room for years, I picked out a paint called blue lagoon. put the bunkbed against that wall and put cork boards next to each bed (they can be painted) so they could put what they wanted on the boards as to their taste.
    you could also get tall bookcases put one between the head of the bunk and between the wall that way they can each have their own things on those shelves while all of you agree on a paint and window treatments.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• A princess cow-bear on a horse?
    Anonymous

• I'd let them pain one wall each a different color. Then do soemthing special on the wall thats left.
    Anonymous

• Chalkboard paint, they can draw on the walls, leave little messages, etc
    Jenniy

Answer by Jenniy at 1:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I agree with Jenniy.. She took the words right out of my mouth.. that is what we are going to do for the boys...
    SuthrnPrincess

Answer by SuthrnPrincess at 4:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I would paint each wall the color each one selects. Then, designate that wall for that particular childs interests. I would accent the rest of the room with colors from each wall. The fourth wall, I would choose a soothing color that matches the other three walls.
    PoodlePower

Answer by PoodlePower at 10:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2009