• In the Spotlight:

Who belongs on Cafemom?

We say no men, because they aren't moms. When men wind up on here, they get ganged up on and kicked out promptly. What about the women in here without kids? I am not referring to women who have had children and lost them because yes, in their hearts they are moms. I am talking about the teenagers on here because they like a certain group and women on here who want to talk about getting pregant. Where is the line of who belongs on here and who doesn't?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I don't understand what's with all these teenagers wanting to get pregnant anyways..

I think if you're a mother, or pregnant. Or possibly if you're older and trying to get pregnant. But no teenages just because they like a group..I come here to avoid that kind of stuff.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• The other day I saw a 13 year old on here asking if she should try to concive! I know what you mean it's rediculous!
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I feel sorry for some of the men because they genuinely want to understand their wives and get honest feedback. We could help so many husbands!! However it would be too difficult to regulate. And the atmosphere of Cafemom would change drastically just because men are here. Women who are trying to conceive should be allowed. They are going to be mothers and they benefit from the advice given to other mothers.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think everyone and their dog should be allowed on here
    What a strange question and who really cares.
    Anonymous

• Anyone can register here. Like I said before, how the heck do you know that the little 23 year old mom with three kids is legit anyway? Anyone can register.. The 45 year old perv down the block can register and pretend he is a mom.. How would you know? When someone is given a straight forward answer on here, sometimes they cannot accept it even though they asked for the truth. You cannot come on here asking a question and expect all to act like your mother.. It doesn't work that way.. we all have our own opinions and if you are not looking for that, why post. Everyone's life experiences are different thats what makes it interesting... I love posting questions and seeing all the different styles of replies. Sometimes you can tell where someone is coming from, sometimes not. But, it's what you get when you use the internet. Yes, people get angry when they see a teen on here asking about pregnancy... It's normal...
    Anonymous

• I'm sure if you were to report them to CafeMom they would take care of this. :o)
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• That is sad. Why does a 13 year old want to be pregnant anyway. They need to read posts and see how hard and frustrating it can be, it is not all fun and games. Yeah babies are cute but they do grow up.
    Anonymous

• Those people getting the boot unceremoniously are the ones that end up re-registering and putting down what everyone wants to hear & see just so they can participate. Its really lame.

If the requirement is that you MUST be female and a mother then that what everyone will just say whether its true or not, but it allows them to participate and avoids getting judge, ganged up on, or booted unless they choose to announce themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Oct. 10, 2009