What should I wear to my Step-daughters wedding?

I have know idea what I should wear to her wedding. BM has a problem with me even after 21 years. BM has brain washed SD. So I do not want to step on anyones toes, The wedding party is wearing purple.

Please anyone with any advice contact me because I do not know how to deal with this.

BM brain washed SD so bad that SD does not want her dad to walk her down the isle. But SD wants us at the wedding. Hope it is not a ambush.

Please help me

helpforherp

Asked by helpforherp at 1:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Something comfortable. Not a dress. A pant suit of some kind and not the colors of the wedding either. Just something casual and you can relax in.
    cowmom45

Answer by cowmom45 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yeah if your husband isn't going to be in the wedding party then just wear what you feel comfy in. There isn't any reason you should have to wear something specific if she is going to such great lengths to uninvolve you. I hate she is doing that to her dad though. I had my step dad and my dad both walk me down. They were both a big part of my life.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I would do something light colored, but not purple or any shade that could be taken as purple. Something like a pastel split skirt or a pantsuit. I am so sorry that you and your husband are being outcast at this wedding. Do your best to stay low on the radar though.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• personally i wouldn't go if the sd is going to be as nasty not to let her own father be a part of the wedding then why go it seem as if she just wants to cause trouble
    Anonymous

• Wear what any other guest would wear. You might want to avoid her colors, but as long as you don't buy yourself a corsage you will look like any other guest.
    Anonymous

• If you are close to SD, you could call her and ask her what she would like you to wear. Normally the mother of the bride wears something in the color of the wedding, but since you are the SM I think it is perfectly normal for you to ask.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:03 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• You wear a smile and anything that doesn't make you stand out. Have fun.
    Anonymous

• wear what you'd wear to anyone's wedding (except your own). Don't wear anything flashy or that upstages the bride or her mother. Blend in with the crowd.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• If you can,,ask her what colors she would like you to wear..Make it a simple dress..Nothing fancy. and just be nice to everyone at the wedding. Don't rock the boat.

Answer by louise2 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Go to a bridal shop that carries tealength dresses and ask the salesperson to help you pick something out that's elegant and quiet . Remember , it's her day and you want to add to the joy not the stress. She will appreciate it and thank you for it. Being a lady will make you shine and the negative attitude of her mom will come through and she will see that, too. Enjoy the day and smile a lot. It'll really tee off her mom...I would rather tee someone off in a very sweet way than be blatant about it. You win then. THe day goes nicely. Everyone's happy. Except of course BM.
    grandmalinda707

Answer by grandmalinda707 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2009