afraid to ask...

i am 49 yrs old and i am getting my period like clock work every 2 weeks.i am getting nervous and kind feeling really old is what going on what i think is going on???

snowmom974

Asked by snowmom974 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Health

• Your periods are becoming irregular. It's totally normal. To be sure you are in pre-menopause, see your Dr., she can take some blood tests to be sure. But, that is normal symptoms.. Yeah, it's almost over!!!
    Anonymous

• My mother went through that at the beginning of menopause. She was also diagnosed at the same time with a cyst on one of her ovaries that was affecting hormone production. It would be a good idea to call the doc to make sure there is not a more serious condition causing the irregular bleeding, but I believe that chances are it is pre-menopause.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 3:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2009