Does anyone else find this annoying?

My husband watched a comedian on Utube, and the fella labeled a pre-teen child as "twelve-teen'. Now my husband is being a brat and calling our daugter that, after being told a great number of times I find the name to be rude. It's caused many fights between our daughter and her daddy and he will not stop and he has made her cry, too. Any good (productive) suggestions other than smacking him with a pillow?

squeekers

Asked by squeekers at 1:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• What's the big deal? If thats all you have to argue about, your life is wonderful. Sigh... seriously???
    Anonymous

• LoL.
    Anonymous

• I see both sides to it. You are over-reacting, but at the same time, he's bullying her.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I wonder if she is reacting to the 'twelve-teen' so negatively because you were so upset about it and thinking it was rude. what is the world is bad about the term 'twelve-teen'? "mom says it's wrong and rude and dad is saying it to me- so dad is being rude and wrong."

but if it does bother her to the point of tears, he should stop. but then again- my dad always teased me relentlessly.

it's not a big deal, if she is able to ignore her dad over it, it will fade quickly andhe will drop it
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Just have your daughter keep telling him how it makes her feel. She needs to say "Dad you are hurting my feelings.   I don't like being called this because............" Let her fill in the dots. Good luck

Anonymous

• In one ear out the other. Maybe he will stop if you don't give it attention.
    Anonymous

• Learning to just let somethings go is good pracitice.
    But.....geeeez on guys
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Honestly I'm a little surprised at Dad pushing it beyond the point of making her cry. My hubby would rather swallow a golf ball that to keep up with anything like that that would make our daughter cry. I would let her continue to tell him that it hurts her feelings and why. Goodness gracious, definitely don't forget about smacking him with that pillow. *Just teasing*
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 7:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I find it cute, even like it better then tween. I don't know how you go about it. I do agree though that she is probably feeding off of you cause otherwise I don't see how a 12 year old would find that offensive.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• why is there a problem with twelve-teen. its not rude or mean or anything. why would you or your daughter be upset with this? i dont understand. i always wanted to be older. so that would have made me happy lol.

i would stop letting it get to you and leave it alone. tell your daughter to ignore her dad when he does that if it bothers her.

and let him know that its not acceptable to make her cry over something like that. its just silly.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2009