How do you know when he's working or....?

Where is the line between insecurity and female intuition. How do you know when he is truly working late or out of town for work or something else??
I have good intuition except when it come to myself, it is never accurate. Which is why I'm so confused.
What should I look for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Thanks Bmat! You are so right. I appreciate your sincere answer.
    There are really no signs, I guess I do get lonely and insecure sometimes.
    Anonymous

• Someone is sure into paranoia today, aren't they?? Are you trying to see what you can stir up or are you honestly paranoid? If you are that insecure about your SO then you probably need to look for a different relationship. NO relationship is 100% guaranteed. You have to TRUST them. You cannot CONTROL them. If you don't trust, you can't have much of a relationship.
    Anonymous

• I had that 'feeling' and if it gets to the point where I can't stand it and have to know I call whoever he is supposedly with (mind you my DH cheated on me when we were dating so I had right to suspect) and in order not to sound like a crazy stalker I will dial DH # so it shows up in my call log and end the call b4 it ever rings and then call the person he says he is with and say "sorry i tried his phone but it went straight to voicemail can I talk to him real quick?" That's how I caught him the first time... Ever since he's always been where he says he is... I just get weird feelings and have to double check.
    Anonymous

• It's called trust, and if you can't trust yourself then you will have a hard time trusting your Hubby/SO...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 2:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think it is a normal thought, and I would not be critical of someone who had it. But if your husband has given you no reason to feel this way, then the thought should be fleeting- it should drift in and out of our minds without serious consideration. We know the ways of the world and that unthinkable things can happen. So it would be naive to not ever have this possibility occur. But even though the possibilty occurs, we dismiss it because we love and trust our husbands. Probably the main reason that these thoughts came to you, since you didn't say he'd given you reason to doubt. are that you may be feeling a bit lonely or a bit sad about the late hours or out of town work. Give him extra hugs when he gets home and make sure that home is the place he yearns to be, this is what you can do to counter the thoughts and to counter the possibility.

Answer by Bmat at 2:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think the biggest thing indicator that he's doing something other than working is when he gets really protective or defensive....like he won't let you see his cell phone, he gets angry if you want to suprise him when he's working late at work, or just overly upset when you ask about his activities.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2009