What do you think of these Principles?

Most Conservatives know where this is coming from. I am curious to know those who are liberal, how MANY and which do you PERSONALLY believe ?
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, NOT the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Glen Beck.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I'm tired of the issue with number 1.
    Liberal a**holes trying to convince everyone that we aren't a great country. Leave if you don't like it.
    and number 7, that's right
    What's mine is mine and my family's. Get your lazy damn paws off of it, get off the couch and get a job. Lettuce still needs picking!!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yea, I am curious to know those who don't usually consider the ideals of GB, what they thought of these Principes (not him) :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• That's where I heard that before. I agree with Glenn 100%- usually do. Of course, he scared me s***less this morning when he was talking bout how it would be ok for China to just flat out buy us because then we wouldn't have to be responsible for the entire world any more. . . and it didn't matter, because statistically they are shorter than us, and all the seats would be great at the movie theatre. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well, I'll bite, as a "liberal a**hole" as akinbottom so eloquently put it, I believe in 8 out of 9 of them, of course, I'd like to tweak a few to be clear about exactly what I believe, but in a very general and simplistic sense, I agree with most of it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I don't know how name calling helps in cafemom-site for mother's.I personally think people who like to call others by childish names don't have any class,I question their intellectual skills. We can disagree or agree with civil way but some like to go back to high school level.

I don't consider myself  as a "liberal a**hole"

.I don't agree with number 2. God is not my center of life.

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 2:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Why do conservatives always say that if we don't think the US is a great country we should just leave? You know what? I don't think that the US, in its current state, is a great country. I would rate it, right now, as mediocre at best. However, I think we have the potential to once again become a strong, admirable country that the rest of the world looks to. So I'm not going to just leave, because I want to stay and help us become great once again, and I believe that a country should be measured by how it treats the least of its people. Saying, "MINE! MINE! Neener-neener you can't have any," is what destroyed our country's character in the first place.
    Mergath

Answer by Mergath at 6:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• *raising hand*

I'm a "liberal a**hole".

I enjoy being an American, however I would like to live in London just to get a good understanding of their culture. They seem to get along fine over there. :-)

LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 6:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think these are some excellent ideals, IMO.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:23 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I agree with all of them.I think America is the greatest always have.Some people come back from other countries step off the plane and kiss the american ground.We have it good here.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2009