is hypnosis wrong for christians?

I'm wanting to look into hypnosisbaby for my labor. Its basically using hypnosis to min. the pain during child birth. I was wondering if it is wrong for christians to participate in hypnosis?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My mom and I have talked about this and I really don't know. I've never heard of anyone really talk about it. We watched a man on tv do it and I was amazed.
    I think I need to go do some research on it.
    Anonymous

• Why would exploring your subconscious be against Christianity.? How can a relaxation technique be "bad?" I truly don't understand how something that isn't tied to religion in any way can be suspect.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• It is only wrong if it opens doors to the demonic world. This is a question you need to ask God and look in scripture for the answers. Personally I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't want to expose myself to something other than God.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I agree with Shaneagle777.. when doing hypnosis you're opening yourself up. I'm not sure of the author but there's a great book called.. Supernatural Childbirth.. it's a Christian book and many women at my church have utilized it and say it works. I would check into that. If I find the author I will post it.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Hypnosis began as part of the occult and false religion. The Bible speaks out strongly against all practices of false religion and the occult. God desires His people to turn to Him in need, not to those who practice sorcery, divination, or enchantment. He warns His people about following after mediums, wizards, enchanters, charmers, and those who have a familiar spirit (Deut. 18:9-14). Hypnosis, as it is practiced today, may very well be the same as what is identified as "enchantment" in the Bible (Lev. 19:26 KJV).

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psychology/hypno.htm

Anonymous

• I read the above link and agree whole-heartedly with it. I feel as a Christian, you should definitely steer clear of anything like this. I just think that anything that "opens" your mind to unknown spiritual influence that is not of God can be a dangerous thing for anyone.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• well I think you have your answers. you obviously don't want to hear from anyone who would know about hypnosis.
    Anonymous

• I don't undertand the last post? I never said I had all my anwsers yet? I never said I didn't want to hear from anyone who knows bout hypnosis!!
    Anonymous

• The author of the book is Jackie Mize - Supernatural Childbirth - prayers and promises regarding child birth. It's relatively inexpensive and there's a full size book and a booklet. You might be able to find it at your local christina book store.

bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Surely there is some happy medium to help you out. Maybe something like bonn777 suggested. : )
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2009