I need creative tips on curbing penis-pulling

My 21 month son will not stop putting his hands down his pants and pulling his penis out of his diaper. It's particularly bad at night/nap. I've tried onesies on under shirts (he reaches in through the leg holes). I've tried sewing him into his footie pjs (takes too much time). I recently cut the feet of footie pjs and have him wearing them backwards. He's now wearing 2t, so finding one-piece jammies are harder. Plus, it will be getting warm soon (I hope) and I need something for summer. Do any of you have creative ideas? Suggestions on retailers that sell a pj solution?

AutmnDreams

Asked by AutmnDreams at 2:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• There is the one piece pj's that you can roll out so the foot is open. Yeah it stinks that the weather is getting warmer so hopefully you can nip this in the bud soon enough. A friend of mine would put a tshirt over his pj's so he couldn't get into them. You could try that instead of sewing them. Or buy girls tight's and put those on him to keep him out, you can pull them up pretty high.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Try getting him potty trained I have a neighbor who has a little boy who did the same thing when he was potty trained he didnt do it anymore maybe the diapers bother him.
    DeborahElder

Answer by DeborahElder at 2:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• AutmnDreams/ he is a typical boy, my son is 7 and he pulls on his or pushes it and its just a normal thing boys do, he is curious of it,as he gets a little older he wont pull it out but he is still little and dont know what hes really doing, dont punish him or anything, I see grown men pull and scratch theirs in public,, its a guy thing I guess,LOL. Your boy is normal and I,m sure a real sweetie, just give him time and maybe if you let him he will eventually stop it so much,try ignoring it. This is king of funny but I used to tell my son 'if you keep doing that its gonna fall off,then what will you do',he would do the cutest expression.Let us know how he,s doing.
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009