should you brush before breakfast or after ?

my husband thinks our children should brush before

mari2120

Asked by mari2120 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• After... what is the point to brush before?
    Anonymous

• before so you get all the bacteria that has been growing in your mouth all night out before you eat
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Before and after, at least thats our rules here....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 2:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• They should brush after to get the sugars off of their teeth. When they brush before, then they eat, and then the sugar stays on their teeth- starches turn into sugars too, so even cereal or toast, all of this leaves stuff on the teeth that provide a home for the bacteria that cause decay. I always brush my teeth after breakfast because I like to enter the world with clean teeth and fresh breath.

Answer by Bmat at 2:23 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My kids brush after, I brush as soon as I get up and again right before I leave the house.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:23 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• We brush after.
    LND

Answer by LND at 2:23 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I say after. Have them brush before bed with a toothpaste that protects their mouth for 12 hours.

I'm pregnant now and I always get nausous when I brush my teeth. So I normally wait about 30 minutes after I've eaten so if I do..."get sick"...it's not too bad.

Or at least as bad as it could be.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 2:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• After
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Before and after is ideal.

Bacteria grows and plaque accumulates on the teeth all night. It's the same kind of plaque that is found in clogged arteries. Not a good thing to ingest. It has the potential to travel to parts of our body where it really shouldn't be.
    Anonymous

• before
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2009