Could I lose my mucus plug and not notice?

With my first child I was induced for being overdue and everything was still there. So I never got to see it or feel it come out. I'm a week away from giving birth now. They said I'm dialated to almost 2. If I'm dialated could my plug still be there? I forgot to ask them lol. Is it really noticeable when it comes out?

katskelington

Asked by katskelington at 2:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• plenty of women lose their plug and not notice -
    it isnt always this BIG plug lol - you can lose it gradually or all at once -
    It slowly regenerates itself as well -
    I lost mine the other night & im 1cm - Mine looked like (not to be gross) a clear mucus, booger like discharge with a yellow tint to it - it was alot - not just reg. discharge.
    But yes, you could lose it and not even know it.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• chances are if your 2 cm then you lost it already. usually it dislodges around the time your 1cm but maybe not always. not everyone relizes they lost the plug you may have just thought it was vaginal discharge that as we alll know increases in pregnancy. i wouldnt worry about it and congrats and good luck.
    Anonymous

• with my second child my water broke, and i was in labor and didn't even know it. i was having some tiny little sharp pains in my ovaries area and i thought that i had peed on myself. well after a few ours of this i was kinda concerned that i had peed on myself several times that day and i went to my dr to get check out and was dilated to a 9. i delivered my son within 20 minutes of getting to the hospital.

with my first i was induced and i was bleeding a lot so they had me drugged up and i cant remember a lot of what happened during the actually delivery. its kinda weird i remember but not clearly.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• yes you can lose your mucus plug without knowing it. I've had three kids and never seen mine. I kind of hope that I get to see it this time as I'm curious as to what it looks like.
    Anonymous

• I never knew i lost my plug the first time.. I had never realized it anyway.. I was 2 cm and 60% effaced and my water broke.

This time.. i'm close to 4 cm, and fully effaced.. and i lost my plug about 4 weeks ago..
    Anonymous