What type of lawyer do I need for being a victim of forgery?

Lindz0307

Asked by Lindz0307 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Did you report what happened to police or FBI? They will help you find the right lawyer for the case.

Anonymous

• i made a report with my local police department and they are working on it. But now i have the female who had cashed my check calling me and telling me that she gave me the money when she didnt and shes trying to tell me that i gave her permission to do so when i didnt, and shes trying to telling me that i signed it when i didnt. she ahs called me 5 times already in a matter of 12 hrs. So now i know that she is trying to dispute this. I just dont know what to do. I guess i really need adivce about this.
    Lindz0307

Answer by Lindz0307 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• How much money did she steal from you? Maybe you should contact FBI. After $ 500 it's a federal offense.
    Anonymous

• my check was for 1,712.20. yea alot of me that she is trying to tell me that she gave to me. when i know that she didnt.
    Lindz0307

Answer by Lindz0307 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Add harassment onto the suit against her, Document every time she calls, and make a report to your local police. They will record the harassment, and might even charge her with stalking as well. If you can, record what she says to you on the phone.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry. I myself was victim of credit card fraud just last weekend. I'm just glad we did find out so early and did stop the staling of our money.
    I would contact FBI. dO YOU KNOW THE PERSON WHO DID THAT TO YOU?
    Anonymous

• yea i do know her. which is sad. my boyfriend thinks that there is someone behind it all. but what i think is funny about it all is that she tired telling me that she gave the money to me and that i was there when she cashed my check. I was never there i never told her that it was okay for her to cash my check. why would i let her do that when i could of put it in my own bank account.
    Lindz0307

Answer by Lindz0307 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• there is a possibility that she is recording you on her phone calls and trying to get you to say that you agree with her. While recording without your consent might not be admissable in court, it could complicate matters. If she went into a bank to cash the check , call the bank to ask if there are surveillance photos or video to prove that you were not with her. She knows that she committed a federal offense and it probably trying really hard to lessen the damage at this point. I would keep the pressure on and don't answer her calls.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Lindz0307- Did she steal the check from you ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2009