Do you think cancer happens to matter what or do you think its caused by smoking and drinking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it happens no matter what my 72 year old grandma might have lung cancer and shes NEVER smoked in her life
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think if you get it, you were meant to get it. I mean like the pp said, I know people who have gotten lung cancer and emphazema and have never smoked a day in their life.
    Anonymous

• I have heard that everyone has cancer cells in their bodies. However why some get cancer and others don't to me is a mystery. I have known men who have smoked and drank well into their old age and never had cancer.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 2:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My family doesn't smoke and my grandma ened up with lung cancer and my grandpa past away from the butt cancer..lol. and my mom had breast cancer and they all didn't smoke. i think the goverment has to blame someone and they blame the smoking companies
    Anonymous

• it happens no matter what - but of course smoking and stuff doesnt help it.

My mom smoked for a while & than quit - She didnt smoke a cigg for 12 years & was diagnosed with breast cancer - struggled with cancer for five years and lost her battle to it last november of 07.... it spread everywhere.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think some people are predispositioned to it, my mother was the only person on her side of the family to have it.. It started in her kidney and traveled throughout her entire bowels and then finally all of her major organs... She did smoke for 40 yrs but her lungs were clear even at the end... The Dr said smoking didn't help but the job she did also exposed her to chemicals that her body absorbed.. It's really hard to know for sure.... There are people that still work where she did before she died in 2000 and they are perfectly healthy, so like I said who knows.... All I know for sure is that cancer is a very evil thing.....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 2:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think it happens no matter what, however I do believe that certain actions we take may influence/bring it out. It might have something to do with a lowered immune system from some things we do. I don't know if i'm making sense, the pregnancy is taking my brain, lol.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 2:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Unfortunately, cancer doesn't care who you are, where you are from, how much money you have or don't have, where you work, where you live, how many kids you have or don't have. It doesn't even care if there's a history of cancer in your family - people that have nothing like that in previous generations come down with cancer. It's sad, but it's the way it is. Maybe one day they will actually put a real use to science and finally find a cure. Here's to hoping they will, anyway. We can always hope!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 7:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2009