cooking a beef roast

i put a beef chuck roast in the crock pot but what should i season it with? i have a spice rack and several varieties of Mrs. dash. also should i put the onions, carrots and potatoes in now or wait until its almost cooked?

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 2:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• wait until its almost done so they dont fall apart. season it with salt and pepper and maybe some ms dash
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I would season it with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, or yes, one of the Mrs. dash . And put the veggies in now, it adds more flavor.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I put everything in at the beginning. You can spice it up any way you like. I usually only use salt and pepper, because that's the way we like it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• If the veggies are fresh, put them in now. I like a package of lipton soup mix, some water, and a cream of mushroom soup, makes a nice gravy.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I use salt, pepper, garlic salt, and I ALWAYS throw in a pack of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. It makes it! You could put the veggies in now, but I usually stick them in the last 2 hours.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• carrots/ potatoes/ onions/celery ..... for seasoning it could simple like salt, garlic, pepper (thats what my mom would put in).. I just look through the panry & look for a good mix..if it would taste good with meat put it in there.. never has failed me..

also i put in the roast & veggies all together. the meat will fall apart but not the veggies, they are nice & soft but not mushy at all.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I agree with Nika75...but I use the beefy onion soup mix. It is good.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I always put Sangria Wine and water on my roast with salt and pepper, then I let it cook all day it is really good.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I use salt pepper Lawyrs and garlic powder. I also use beef broth instead of water. I put the veggies in when I put in the roast. I use onions, potatoes and carrots. I just made one last night and it was yummy!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2009