Screaming!!!

Help! My 2 yr old screams, constantly, at the top of his lungs. Not because he's hurt. Usually when he's playing or in response to his sister. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is in the screaming stage too. he hits notes so high it makes your ears ring and there are times that he will go silent mid scream and i swear he hits notes that only dogs can hear. i try to ignore him but sometimes i put him in his room to play and get it out of his system. theres only so much i can take. lol
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• join the club! my son is SO LOUD, and telling him to catch a bubble or use his inside voice is just a waste of breath. *sigh* i hope this stage goes away soon, it's been going on for months now...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• It's a phase. Both of my 27 mos old twins do it off and on (some days more on than off). Just keep ignoring it. He's just exploring his voice/sounds. If you pay attention to it, you're at risk for making it "a weapon" or more of an issue than need be.
    Take two asprin, have a cup of joe and enjoy the weekend!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 3:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My daughter is doing the same thing. When we get in the car she starts it. It is driving me crazy!!! She also screams when her brother takes something or is in her way. The ignoring things doesn't help some times. Any other ideas??? She is 14 months and my son will be 7 tomorrow.
    Pebbles24

Answer by Pebbles24 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2009