Why is my daughter all of a sudden deciding to sleep with me???

My 2 1/2 year old daugher has always slept in her own bed, but this week out of the blue she has wanted to sleep with me. She is not sick, I don't think scared. I don't know why. Actually there have been times I wanted her to sleep with me but she would just want her bed, she would only play in my bed... lol I just want to know if anyone else has had this happen? My hubby is not to fond of this and I don't mind unless she is going to get into the habit of doing it every night becuase that is the ONLY time my hubby and i have "ALONE".

LoganAndKennedy

Asked by LoganAndKennedy at 3:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is just no telling with a 2 year old. Maybe it's just a phase, but if you don't want her to continue I'd nip it quick. Figure out a way to fix it.
    lizaye

Answer by lizaye at 2:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• She may be scared of something in her room. I know both my girls did that once they started sleeping in toddler beds. So we asked what was so scary, and worked on how to fix it. Cause Mommy and Daddys bed is not for sharing...lol ;) Well we put up a 8 X10 picture of mommy and daddy and bought them a nice soft light lamp, and a small radio for light noise, and they all sleep great! So do we!
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Maybe but I did ask her why, and she just smiles and says "I wanna sleep with you!"... lol Her big brother who is 4, shares a room with her and they do have a lamp in thier room already and we leave the closet light on. I will try the picture though. Funny thing, my daugher has been in her toddler bed for over a year! Neither one of kids ever slept with us. On and off like fopr naps as babies but not in a very loooonnggg time!
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 3:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009