Should I put something on it?

I burned my finger pretty bad yesterday and I have 2 big blisters on it, I bumped them just now and the fluid has started coming out, should I put something on it and a band-aid or leave it open? (The skin is still covering them) They kind of burn,lol I'm a big baby,lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Health

• I am sorry that you are hurting. Since they are open, you now need to be concerned about infection. Do put antibiotic ointment on them and keep them bandaged. Check daily for infection. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 3:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• It is actually a good idea to put antibiotic ointment on even a burn because anywhere skin is punctured bacteria has a chance to get in and cause infection.vI tend to remove the flap of skin to prevent infection and make cleaning easier, but you dont have to. As for the burning, ice is bad because it can actually damage your skin so dont put it directly on the burn, wrap it in a cloth.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Will do! Thankyou ladies!!!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• lol i hit anon in the question, oops,lol
    4x4mum

• Aw, I am sorry. Burns suck, and you are so not a baby! I HATE when I burn myself--it always seems like it hurts so much more than any other kind of cut or scrape...anyways, keep it clean, apply neosporing (or something similar) regularly, and change the bandage once a day. If the blisters have opened, its especially important to keep them clean and covered until the skin begins to heal. 3-4 days after the burn, you can just apply a little neosporing, but no bandage and begin to let it have some air, but I would bandage it at night to prevent you re-injuring it when you sleep. Hope it feels better soon!!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 2:54 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• p.s. ibuprofen will help a lot as well (its an anti-inflammatory) with the swelling and pain
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 2:55 AM on Mar. 14, 2009