What should I get for

my SIL, who has planned, organized, and is throwing my baby shower?

I've thought about gift card for her and my BIL to enjoy a night out at their favorite steakhouse... massages... anything else?

Mandi is a SAHM, and they've got 5 kids under 6 yrs old and it'd be more of a problem getting a babysitter for a night out than to get her something she could enjoy at home... all ideas are welcome!

matobe

Asked by matobe at 3:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe you can get them a giftcard and offer to babysit so they can have a night out.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I agree with StifflersMom
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i agree ^
    Anonymous

• They're aged 6, 4,3,1, and newborn. They're a handful with eachother, and being 8 mos pregnant I'm not comfortable taking on her kids...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Maybe a gift card for a night in? I know there are tons of restaurants that deliver. Maybe a bottle of wine or cider along with a gift card to a place that will deliver a special late night dinner, after the kiddos are in bed. If you aren't comfortable alone with the kids (and I can totally understand that, at 8 months along yourself!!), go over for the evening & help them get the kids settled before their dinner arrives, then take off so they can enjoy their evening.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well, having that many kids and organizing/throwing your baby shower must mean she likes to be organized! LOL... Maybe a really nice day-planner to help her keep track of all her "to-do's"? Not that glamorous, but practical.... Or the gift card idea is still good...they can always order out and bring the food back home...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2009