1st Holy Communion

Are anyone else's children making their first Holy Communion soon? Are you having a big party? My son is making his and I don't know what to do. My older son made his 4 years ago and I had it here at our house. But it's small.

elainecat

Asked by elainecat at 3:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My son made his First Communion last year and we just had a small family gathering at our house afterwards. We got him a cake and some presents and he had a good time.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 3:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My son is doing his and we having it at a banquet place. MY house is way too small, and I would rather not have to clean up after people and cook for everyone. It's going to cost me about $10 per adult and $5 per child, about the same i would spend on food and decorations, and save me a hassle.
    But, if where you live the weather is nice, can you have a picnic? Good luck
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Congratulations!! Give him my best wishes !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• no my daughter was blessed
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• The only important thing is that you celebrate it in some way! It is such a nice occasion and I love the tradition of a celebration! Enjoy!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 1:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2009