"could OF' "should OF" What ever happened to proper grammer asking "should HAVE" or "would HAVE"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's what happens when time goes by.
    Anonymous

• "could of" "should of" isn't a sentence. You should have worded it "What ever happened to proper grammer USAGE?" "People are using 'could of' and 'should of' INSTEAD of 'should have' and 'would have'. Just so you know-your grammer isn't great either.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• It is still proper grammar to say "should have" or "would have." People just don't do it. Sometimes it kills me to read the posts on CM, because the grammar and usage are SO BAD! The other one that makes me want to scream is "prolly." Prolly is not a word - the word is PROBABLY.
    Anyway, sorry for the rant, but you really hit on one of my peeves. :)
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• SThompson21 - your grammAR isn't perfect either.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Actually, that's a spelling issue. lol. I wasn't trying to be rude about it. I just thought since grammAR is such an issue today, i would just let her know. I didn't mean any harm.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Me either. Please accept my apology. It's funny, I'm seventh grade teacher, and no less than 90% of my children misspell grammar, even when I write it on the board, on their assignments, on their folders, nothing makes them spell that ONE word correctly. Sorry I was so snarky! :)
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• lol It's ok. :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• This post made me laugh.

Spelling at a part of grammar, FYI.

I think people just type "should of" or "would of" because they aren't thinking grammatically, they are just thinking of how it sounds when it is said.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Sigh, I will be nice here.

munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Didn't you know...They stopped teaching that sort of thing in school. All they teach now is what's on the test.
    Anonymous