WHICH ONE

FOR MY DAUGHTER 5TH B-DAY...SHOULD I TAKE HER TO ......CHUCKIE CHEESE,FORT RAPIDS,OR MAGIC MOUNTAIN

bossrenee

Asked by bossrenee at 3:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ask her.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yeah I'd let her decide. If it supposed to be a surprise then I'd just pick whichever one she'd like the best and not tell her the other options you had considered so she doesn't get upset.

I vote Magic Mountain!!
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I don't know, ask her which one she would like.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• A five-year-old??? How about a family picnic in the back yard or local park? ... with maybe 3 friends. Spend $25 on the party. ... Don't pile on too much and invite exhaustion and overwhelm.
    She is just barely old enough now to start learning what is "fun", what is a valuable way to spend time. So show her by experience that warm interest and interaction are wonderful, and don't teach her to need sensory overload to feel that she's having a good time.
    Keep in mind that you have many birthdays ahead, and you will probably want later birthdays to be MORE fun than previous ones - how do you top Magic Mountain for 6th, 7th, 8th birthdays.

I knew a co-worker who was spending $300 on a 6-year-old's party - all I could think was how many music lessons that money could pay for when the child was 9 ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• just ask her.
    M M might be better when she gets older, C.C has great pizza and it is better for little kids.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009