Is she gender confused?

This is a follow up question to the prom dress fiasco. So, she doesn't want to wear a dress (I understand that, maybe she isn't comfortable in super feminine clothes), but why would she opt to dress in men's clothing? Since she is lesbian, wouldn't that more indicate that she is gender confused? Aren't most lesbians not so fond of guys? Why then would she opt to dress like one? Or why would any woman? It sounds like the school compromised with adding a pantsuit to her options, but why is she not willing to compromise with them? Is this another example of how entitiled our nation has become and is this something that you want to teach your children, that if you don't get your way, get a lawyer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree, if we are constantly changing the guidelines to accept any and all behavior, why bother having guidelines at all?
    And yes, I do think our younger generations have very entitled minds. As for this girl that wants to wear a tux, I don't know all the details, but it sounds more like a pissing match to me.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I guess I missed that whole fiasco. But I really don't see why she couldn't wear a tux??I've seen lots of pictures over the years of girls wearing tux's to their proms. It's not like she'll be the only one there in a tux.

I agree on compromise most of the time. But not when it's something that basically denies you your rights...especially based on your gender.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yes, it is a fine example of how our Nation is now a population of people who believe they are entitled. I still say it's her Liberal Lottery Ticket.
    She wanted to make a fuss over coming out of the closet and wants someone else to pay for her "anguish" gmafb.
    I wonder why the other question was re-opened?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i havnt heard anything about this story but i say who cares what she wants to wear. we are all entitiled to wear what we want and she should be allowed to wear whatever it is that she wants. who the heck are we or anyone else for that matter to tell her what she can and can not wear.
    What has this country come to? I doubt shes gender confused she just dont wana dress like a girl shes probably more of a tom boy big deal.
    Anonymous

• It's a school function. You can't wear whatever you want to school, if you break the dress code they send you home or make your parents bring something acceptable to wear and make you change. Why is prom different from that? And what rights does it violate?
    Anonymous

• If you had a situation where you felt you were being discriminated against then you would get a lawyer wouldn't you? Why is it we are so brain washed into being afraid of standing up our kids? We are our childrens advocates. It doesn't matter if this student is gender confused or not, it is discrimination under the first amendment, freedom of expression.
    Anonymous

• If an 18 year old can't follow the rules of the school for 5 hours, there' s more of a problem than whether or not she can wear a tux, a dress, or a freaking chicken suit. Learn to follow the guidelines of society and teach your kids the same.
    Anonymous

• Right keep up with the same conformity and the same brainwashed, living in fear of anything out of the norm. Right!!!!
    Anonymous

• Why should she compromise with school??? Why should she wear dress when she doesn't want? I don't see anything wrong with her wanting to wear pant-suit.

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 3:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• nice lanugage. :(
    Anonymous