i am dating this great guy- and i think we are into a realtionship... he he has 2 boys,

i am nervous about meeting them. they are 4 &5. how do i talk to em? what do i talk about??? i am daddy's friend- will they find that ackward at thier age?? i have a 2 yr old- who he hasnt met but she'll be a bit easier.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• At their age they won't find it ackward. just be yourself and when they talk about hings they are interested in ask them questions and show interest. You will do fine.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Be sure not to force yourself on them... Let them warm up to you.. You will be fine. 4 and 5 are good ages...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well, I met my Stepson at 2 going on Three, I moved in with him and his dad when he was 4. Micheal feel head over heels for me. The second he met me. I was so glad. Kids have a great sence of judgement. They like someone or dont when they first meet them. Just dont be fake. Be you. And I would take your child with them, That way they see you with your own. I did not have any kids yet. And I was so worryed. But Like I said Michael made me feel like it was going to be just fine. Just enjoy the time spent with them. And remember there favorite things, That way when you see them again, You could maybe have a small toy or coloring book for them. They love that stuff. I hope this helps.
    Patty M
    MOMofTwo_99_00

Answer by MOMofTwo_99_00 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Since the kids are so young, make it more about them in a playgroup setting. Something very hands on that involves everyone participating. That way you aren't so nervous about the new interaction and everyone gets to have fun. Take it easy on yourself. Good luck:)
    Mrs.Phillips007

Answer by Mrs.Phillips007 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• thats easy don't over think things and just be yourself.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• thanks ladies!
    Anonymous