Do you expect the baby sitter to . . .

cook dinner for your kids? Or do you cook ahead of time and ask her to just reheat it? Or do you always order out when you need a babysitter?

epoh

Asked by epoh at 3:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Whenever we get a sitter, it's for after my kids have eaten or while they are eating. But, my kids eat dinner around 5:00 anyway so it's not hard to do. I never had to cook when I was a babysitter. The parents I babysat for always had meals already prepared or had gotten take-out. Some of them would have enough for me but I always felt weird about that. I always ate before I came over.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 3:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I'm having a sitter tonight, they are ordering out. Much easier, and my kids get something good out of it.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well if the babysitter is watching my kids, I'd expect the babysitter to feed my kids. Lol. Unless she asked me to bring them their own food. I don't really think I have a problem though, only grandmas grandpas and uncles and aunts watch our kids so they dont mind to cook for them.
    Anonymous

• I prefer my babysitter not to cook so there's no chance of fire.
    Anonymous

• I usually either have something made like spagetti or order pizza for an evening. In the summer I have easy stuff on hand and they make lunch, but sometimes they want to cook and will find stuff for spagetti or a cake and they will make something with my daughter.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My babysitter (gramma) would be hurt if I cooked the food ahead of time...lol... I don't expect it though. If I had someone else babysit I'd order a pizza or something
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 3:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I feed them in advance, and then provide snacks to munch on while I'm gone...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I hardly ever I mean ever get a sitter lol, but when I do get one I usually take the kids to my girlfriends house and I usually pick up mcdonnalds or something like that before taking them over there and all she has to do is feed them for me lol. I use to babysit for this lady from my church and she had 4 kids. If she new her hubby was going to be late she would make dinner and all I had to do is reheat it, but if she didn't know then he would call me and tell me what there was in the freezer and what to cook for them. What is the big deal your babysitting kids that need to eat.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Our main sitter is my BIL, and he refuses to let us pay him, so we always make a point to have something ready for him. If he's not sitting and the kid is going to a different inlaw's house, we arrange it so we feed him at home or on the way.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:25 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My mom, sister and brother are my only babysitters. They normally feed him.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2009