Will a professional blowout do me any good?

I am going to a wedding in a few weeks, and have no idea what to do with my hair. It is shoulder length (or just a smidge below) and I never style it - I am a wash, deep condition, and clip it lightly at the base of my neck kind of gal.

Whenever I DO try to style it, whether by air drying or blow drying, my hair ends up frizzing badly. That's why I combat it by using leave-in cream and twisting it back for a few hours...I can usually take it down in the evening and have no frizz. (But it's flat and not pretty enough to be "done" by that time.)

This is probably a stupid question, but I know nothing about salon blowouts...would getting one make any difference for my hair? I wouldn't mind just wearing it down to the wedding, nothing fancy, but it'll look awful if I dry it myself.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• get a hair straightener.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it will make a difference (until you wash your hair of course). I normally go to my stylist for special occasions for her to wash, dry, and style my hair. It is a nice gift to myself as well.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Wash you hair, put shine serum in it, divide into sections and start with a large round brush (i like the ones with the metal vents) and wrap section around hair, and blow dry till its dry and smooth, pulling it and wrapping it around brush as you dry it. Do this on all sections, till smooth and dry. And if you have a flat iron run it through your hair.
    Believe me, i have naturally curly hair, one time i went to the salon for a blow out, it was ridiculous! i should have just brushed my curlz for that look!
    Anonymous

• I would get it done. They always have better products than what I have at home. Go for it!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• A hair straightener will do WONDERS with frizzy hair! You can blow dry it straight, then run the straightener through it and it's smooth and silky looking.
    I look like an electrocuted poodle after I dry my hair. It's very frizzy, but when I use the straightener it looks great.
    You can buy one at Wal-Mart or Dollar General for like $15. I got mine at DG for $15.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone! I have a ceramic straightener that I haven't used in ages, so I will give it a try soon and see if I can get some good results!
    Anonymous

• oh heck..get the blowout!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• the blowout will only last till you wash your hair. My hairdresser uses the straightening iron too. I have one at home and can never get it like at the salon. I need more lessons on using a straighening iron I guess.
    sunidayz

Answer by sunidayz at 8:12 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Blowouts are totally worth it because your stylist will have the right variety of tools and products for your hair type. Plus it will last for at least 3 days if you are careful not to get your hair wet or damp. You can always use a flat iron or wide barrel curling iron to smooth out ends if needed. Don't go completely straight either, a little curl and bounce is sexy!

Have FUN!
    teampinupgirls

Answer by teampinupgirls at 9:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2009