Anyone else?

Kinda random, but I often hear/see people say that once you get an epidural you are stuck in that hospital bed and that you cannot get up to go to the bathroom (or anything else).

Well maybe I just had a good anesthesiologist, but I was still able to get up when I [thought] I had to go to the bathroom. I did need someone to help me a bit, but I was able to walk there and back, and I still didn't feel any pain during the birth. So I was wondering, was anyone else able to?

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well there are two kinds of epidurals one is call a walkin epidural and the other is jus a epidural the walkin epidural will take the pain away but still allow you to walk and have feeling in your legs but the other will make it to where you have no feeling from the hip down but ive never heard of them given a walkin epidural to someone in labor
    sam0816

Answer by sam0816 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I was stuck in bed. Didn't mind though. After thirty hours of being in pain, I welcomed the sleep.
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 4:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• When I had mine, I couldn't get out of bed. But I didn't have anything in me, so going to the bathroom wasn't a big deal. Plus I ended up having a csection so I got a cathader. THAT was nice :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2009