Baby showers....

Okay, a few baby shower questions from the new mom2be:

How far along are you when you usually have a baby shower?

Who usually plans the baby shower?

Do you have to ask someone to plan it, do you plan it yourself, or do you wait to see if you get one?

What is the appropriate time to announce a baby shower (like, how far in advance)?

Just a few questions...any & all suggestions welcome... =)

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Congrats! (I take it you're the new mom?). Typically someone would throw the shower for you (kind of like a bridal shower). It can be your best friend, a co-worker, someone at church, your mom, any close girl friend. Usually, you would just wait to see if you get one (or several). Some planners want to make it a surprise and some planners will tell you what they're up to in order to get you to help with a guest list. Either way is fine. You will usually have the shower in your last trimester but I would suggest having it at least 6-8 weeks before you're due. It is possible you could go into labor early and you really want to have enough time after the shower to write thank you notes, exchange any duplicates or anything you have too many of and get baby clothes washed and the nursery setup. Send invites 3-4 weeks in advance (earlier for out of towners). Make sure you register! Target & Babies R Us are good ones.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My MIL threw the baby shower. I knew she was throwing it--no I didn't ask for one, but she is Puerto Rican and they're notorious for throwing big parties lol So she was the best person to plan it :~) We had it when I was 7 months along.

I would let people know 2-3 weeks in advance, anbd ask them to RSVP at least 1 week before the party.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 4:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Lol thanks (yes, I'm the mom-to-be). Okay, I have already started a registry, but I still have plenty of time it seems. Thank you again!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2009