• In the Spotlight:

My daughter doesnt sleep at all during the night. Me and my husband cant get her to stop crying and we dont know what to do. Any Advice Will Do

Mommy_Massey

Asked by Mommy_Massey at 4:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• How old? Do u co sleep? My dd likes her sleep sheep and the fan on and her ipod with her lullabys
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• sounds like she hass her days and nights confused, I wish I had something to help but my kids didnt do this, hopefully some moms or your Dr, has some ideas that might help, if you are a SAHM, sleep when baby sleeps until you get this worked out,
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I agree sounds like she has her days and nights mixed up. Depending on her age this may or may not work it's what I did with my son. He did this very young. Probably a week maybe two after we brought him home. He did it one night and I knew it wasnt going to work for us. So I figured out if I keep him up for at least a good hour two if he would stay awake that long and just play with him and do everything I could to keep him awake at night I would do it from about 8:30,9 till either 9:30 or 10. It helped I did it for a week every night and yes sometimes no matter what I did he wouldnt stay awake and yes sometime he cried most the time I was doing it, but he only cried cause I was making him mad by not letting him sleep so no big harm. By the time we were done staying awake he would sleep great and after a week all was fixed. Hope this helps
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• from looking at your profile im guessing she is under 1 month old. i do not believe that a baby under six weeks can be expected to know days from nights. I would just sleep when she sleeps, and if shes nursing, at night what i did was coslept, and then my son would nurse next to me and go right back to sleep cuddled up next to me. that way at least you are attempting to teach him "at night, we eat and go right back to sleep". during the day, you can try to feed her first, then do activity, like play with her feet and hands to keep her awake about 15 min, and then let her fall asleep. I dont think there is any Right way, and I am not specifically recommending co sleeping but it was sooooo much easier. and if your not comfortable with doing that (or your husband hates it like mine did) theres co-sleeper playpens and bassinets for beside your bed. good luck!
    heather1583

Answer by heather1583 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• ummm.. if your profile is correct your baby isnt even a couple of weeks old... they dont sleep thru the night.. they wake up 24 hrs a day for the first couple of weeks to eat... by the time they are 5 weeks old, they can start to lengthen that time.. when our son was 5 week, he was sleeping about 6 hours solid and by the time he was 3 months it was 8 hours.. babies when they are born dont know what time is.. they just know when they are tired, hungry, wet, what have you.. there are several books to read that will help you with his.. baby411 is a great one.. it covers everything from sleep to poop...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 4:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My daughter was the same way! She would be up ALLL NIGHT!!! I didnt sleep at all! I was nursing at the time. I started only giving her a bottle at night to fill her up and the formula is a lil heavier on the belly. That helped along with rocking before bed and a lullaby cd on all night! No worries she will out grow this! Looks like she is very little still... take a lil bit of time! Also remember your baby can feel your frustration and anger! She will act accordingly! So be calm walk the floors I know its hard... been there do that its what you do when you have lil ones. Just remember this wont last forever! Only last for a lil while. Believe it or now.. you will miss it one day! At least I do! I look at it as late night bonding time! But we all see it different ways! =) Good luck keep smiling and cherish every moment! =)
    Dvlshly_Sweet

Answer by Dvlshly_Sweet at 4:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Saw another mom say books.. thats a double edge sword.. dont go by all the Dr books! Really... tune into your mommy thoughts and powers and you will know what to do! =)
    Dvlshly_Sweet

Answer by Dvlshly_Sweet at 4:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• If its just when she lays down, i would check her for an ear infection! that is sign. good luck!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 5:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2009