My 8 year old has a yeast infection, its 3pm and i cant get her into to see the doctor now, is there anything I can buy from the store to help the yeast infection?

chasmom2001

Asked by chasmom2001 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would just get her some topical vagisil at the store to help with the itching. I wouldn't do the monistat or anything yet...since she is so young. See the doc on Monday.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My son's dr had me get the athlete's foot stuff. It's the same thing as Monistat but a lesser form of it. Monistat is too strong.
    Anonymous

• Yogurt
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• cranberry juice works well
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yogurt...
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 4:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• try taking her to urgent care to make sure that is what she has for sure and let them tell you what to get her.
    Anonymous

• Cranberry Juice and/or cranberry pills. Also have her drink lots and lots of fluids. That will help clear it. She might enjoy taking a warm bath- but I'm not sure if that will actually make it go away, or just help ease the pain.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• How do you know it's yeast? Has she been on antibiotics? Yogurt is a good idea, but won't work very quickly. If it is yeast, you can put monistat on externally. If it's not yeast, though, it can make matters worse.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 7:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• there is a test you can buy at the pharmacy that can tell you whether or not it is in fact a yeast infection. also, ask your pharmacist! that's what they are there for, and assuming you KNOW its a yeast infection, can recommend something that is safe for your daughter
    jessrasmussen

Answer by jessrasmussen at 11:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• ask your pharmascist they will know what to recomend you for yeast infection or there is a test you can buy at like heb or walmart or a store like that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 14, 2009