Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 8 year old has a yeast infection, its 3pm and i cant get her into to see the doctor now, is there anything I can buy from the store to help the yeast infection?

Answer Question

Asked by chasmom2001 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • I would just get her some topical vagisil at the store to help with the itching. I wouldn't do the monistat or anything yet...since she is so young. See the doc on Monday.

    Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • My son's dr had me get the athlete's foot stuff. It's the same thing as Monistat but a lesser form of it. Monistat is too strong.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • Yogurt

    Answer by outstandingLove at 4:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • cranberry juice works well

    Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • Yogurt...

    Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 4:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • try taking her to urgent care to make sure that is what she has for sure and let them tell you what to get her.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • Cranberry Juice and/or cranberry pills. Also have her drink lots and lots of fluids. That will help clear it. She might enjoy taking a warm bath- but I'm not sure if that will actually make it go away, or just help ease the pain.

    Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • How do you know it's yeast? Has she been on antibiotics? Yogurt is a good idea, but won't work very quickly. If it is yeast, you can put monistat on externally. If it's not yeast, though, it can make matters worse.

    Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 7:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • there is a test you can buy at the pharmacy that can tell you whether or not it is in fact a yeast infection. also, ask your pharmacist! that's what they are there for, and assuming you KNOW its a yeast infection, can recommend something that is safe for your daughter

    Answer by jessrasmussen at 11:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • ask your pharmascist they will know what to recomend you for yeast infection or there is a test you can buy at like heb or walmart or a store like that

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.