Are you a PC racist?

Are you so concerned with not offending someone or making sure nobody else says something that might cause offense or embarrassment that you notice someone's skin color first and then carefully choose every word based on what color it is? Are you hypersensitive to what other people say and pick up on things as examples of racism whenever someone not white is involved?
I've noticed lately, the only people who point out what color people are, are the ones who usually accuse everyone else of being a racist. If you are the only one in the room who notices the color of someone's skin, doesn't that make you the racist?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, No, Yes.......and when you oppose views and policies, or judge character, they call racist, to me are the very ones who ARE racist! When you argue facts and they ignore truth, they automatically call racist......sad!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 4:23 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Noticing a physical difference between yourself and someone else does not mean you are being racist. People have different colors of skin. Big deal. It's kind of hard not to notice something so very physical and obvious. But it has nothing to do with who they are as a person. That's where you start going into the racist territory... not noticing, but judging.
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 4:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well if that's the case I've seen plenty of white moms bring up Obama's race. But really how can you not notice the color of someone's skin. It only becomes a problem if an issue comes out of noticing skin color.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it makes anyone racist to notice someone's skin color or anything about them that is so obvious. How would you not notice it? Ethnic heritage is an important part of who any person is, that doesn't mean that because you mention it, or ask about it, you are racist, and I have never met anyone who felt that way honestly. Discussing racial issues is how things get better, pretending there aren't any is when people get pissed off.
    Anonymous

• I think purposely avoiding the obvious makes the situation more awkward. But that's the world we live in...every is so hyper-sensitive, and just looking for a fight.

As I've been so eloquently told right here on CM...put on your big girl panties and get over it! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• blessed5

You are the one who likes to call people racist.What is truth for you? Believing chain e-mails sent to your inbox or listening only Fox News???????

Anonymous

• Noticing a physical difference between yourself and someone else

has nothing to do with what I asked...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Everyone is a closet racist.

I must say, PEOPLE in general annoy me, it has nothing to do with race, gender, or sexuality. Someone from every GROUP of PEOPLE annoy me some how.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 4:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• ladychamp--elitist much?
    Anonymous

• Anon....care to explain? OR are you just trying to annoy me? :-)
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 5:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2009