when layed off work how long can you get unemployment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• how are youHi!  I was laid off in November from my job of 10 years!  It sucked!  I was going to get on unemployment but was introduced to AMERIPLAN by a cafe mom.  I started this immediately!  I love it!  So, if you're trying to find something and can't I invite you to check out this site: www.myhomebusinesspays.com/tmast Let me know if you're interested and I'll help you get started!  Good luck and hopefully you won't need unemployment for long!

-Traci Mast

Traci1993

Answer by Traci1993 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think they just extended it to 30-some weeks ... not sure.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I don't know with all the changes, but the max used to be 26 weeks. With emergency benefits, and all the extensions, theoretically, if you live in a high unemployment state, like FL, you could get it for almost a yr. BUT, it also depends on your work history. It's based on how much you made in the last-I think 3 quarters. So if you didn't make a lot of money, you might not get the full # of weeks.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Depends on your state's rules.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 AM on Mar. 14, 2009