Swim Diapers?

I feel like a moron, but I'm a first time mom . . . .I have a 15-month old that has never been swimming. We'll likely try very soon. Swim diapers - are they just plastic pull-ons that they wear over a diaper? Recommendations for any particular kind? What about any advice for 1st time in a pool?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Little swimmers by huggies are great. They are the same makeup of normal diapers except they don't swell. My son stays in the pool for hours with us, and he never has a problem with them!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 4:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Advice for pool, get a float that has a sunshade and stay close to him. He will more than likely love the water, but will get a little scared if you leave him! My little boy went in the water at about 7 months and he loved it!!!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 4:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• we use huggies little swimmers. its like a normal pull up diaper but it dosent soak in all the water. =D my son loves the pool
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 4:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Agreed. Little swimmers. All they have to wear is that. :) Keep holding on to them, my DS clings to me like a cat in the pool. Dont let his/her face dip in the water. (I am over paranoid about the whole dry drowning thing.)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Thanks! We use Huggies diapers and have found those to be the best for normal use. I'll have to try the little swimmers. So, do they just wear those alone and then their little swim shorts/trunks over?
    Anonymous

• Yep just wear them normal and then put on swimwear.
    Blazing15

Answer by Blazing15 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I'm going to give these a try. I don't want any "baby ruths" floating in the pool (ok, I'm aging myself by making a Caddy Shack reference).
    Anonymous

• FYI- You can buy little swim bottoms (like speedos) for boys at Fred Meyers or online that are reusable. Little swimmers can get spendy if you go swimming alot. The reusable ones work great and you don't need to put shorts over them, they have cute designs on them.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2009