How does this schedule sound? She is 8 months, 21lbs 7oz

After reading another post, I wanted to get some opinions on my dd daily food intake.

9am Wake up-8oz bottle
12pm-half a second foods fruit with about 2T of oatmeal-2 oz water
4oz bottle--whenever she wants
3pm--about second food size container of broccoli (i make it myself)
4oz bottle--whenever she wants
6:30pm-half a 3rd foods dinner and half a 2nd foods fruit
--then bath and getting ready for bed
6oz bottle before bed
9pm--bedtime

She obviously takes naps in there and all day is play time and the times aren't exact, but pretty close. I have just recently added more solids to her diet, before she only had dinner and the rest of the day was formula. Her dr told me that I should start giving her table food around 9 m, so I wanted to start giving her 3 meals a day. We haven't made it to snacks yet, but she is a chubby girl, so I'm not sure she needs it yet, especially with the amt of formula she is drinking.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that sounds about what my son is.. almost to a T... he's 32 inches long and 25 lbs.. he loves picking up peas and carrots to eat.. that is what we are working on now..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 4:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• your her mom you know whats best for her
    Anonymous

• She actually probably has at least another 4 oz bottle each day. I'll have to write her exact schedule down one day. If she still seems hungry, I will give her more, of course.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• seems good to me!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 4:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Try bumping her up to third foods, and just feed her until she's full. She will let you know when she's had enough. Try three meals a day... with a jar of baby food and an 8 oz. bottle, and if she finishes that, offer her a healthy snack, or more formula or baby food until she turns her head... that means she's full. In between those meals, give her healthy snacks... chopped up grapes, bananas, etc.
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 4:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• And I don't mean she HAS to have all that... but there is no harm in offering it to her... she's not going to overeat.... just let her eat until she's full (just make sure it's stuff that's good for her).
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 4:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• She does have 3 meals a day. I don't understand what you mean.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I mean three meals with baby food and formula. Every baby is different though, if she is healthy and happy, there is no need to change what you are doing...
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 4:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think a whole 3rd foods container plus an 8oz bottle would be too much, no? She's already chubby, I think that would turn her into the Michelin Baby. She never acts like she's has too much, she will eat and eat and eat, so I want to make sure that I am not giving her too much. She certainly is healthy 21lbs 7oz and 26 1/2 inches long. We don't do snacks, just bottles in between meals. It would seem like all I do is feed her all day long. She always gets a big morning bottle, because I know she's so hungry in the morning, and not so patient as to sit for a meal . . she wants baba!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Why are you not feeding her some cereal for breakfast/9am instead of a lot of liquid. If she is old enough to eat a solid lunch and dinner. Why not a solid breakfast?

Answer by louise2 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2009