1 week old daughter piercing

When can I get her ears pierced?

MiMiBreezy

Asked by MiMiBreezy at 4:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wait till she is old enough to decide
    Anonymous

• I would wait until she is old enough to make the decision on her own I mean its her body after all
    Anonymous

• haha she has to have her first shots and at least 2 months! which is when they get shots! I did and would again at 4 months.. I did it for both my girls. Then you can still clean and they wont be played with! =) Congrats on the new lil one!
    Dvlshly_Sweet

Answer by Dvlshly_Sweet at 4:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• That is a special thing that your daughter should decide to do with your blessing. I remember getting my ears and I remember taking care of them so they wouldn't be infected. Just my opinion but what does she have to look forward too?
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Oh my lord...of all the things to be worrying about when she's a week old. How about YOU go get another hole in your ears and leave her ears alone and let HER decide when and if she wants to get them pierced.

Piercing an infant, especially a newborn, borders on cruelty IMO.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• this is too young... if they got infected it could be serious at this age... wait a few months, please
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 4:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yeah, just wait til she wants to.

You never know, she may be one of those people who choose never to get pierced.

And if she DOES want to get her ears pierced when she's older, you can make a whole special day out of it. You know...mama and daughter day. ^_^
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 4:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I agree with almost everyone else. You should let her decide. Even if you decide for her, 1 week old is too young...kinda mean if you ask me.
    Anonymous

• um usually they won't let you do it until after they had their shots at 2 months..but after that it's okay...
    jenniek510

Answer by jenniek510 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I waited till mine was 6 mo.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2009