Need a yummy and easy dessert for entertaining!

I am looking for a new dessert idea. I would like it to be easy and mot too many ingredients. Thanks for suggestions!

Rebecca727

Asked by Rebecca727 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• People get a kick out of this one all of the time!

5 or 6 Granny Smith apples
    1 pkg of bite size snickers
    1 lrg tub of cool whip

cut up the apples into bite size pieces. I leave the peels on. Cut the snickers into smaller peices, I think I did 4ths last time. Mix together in a large bowl and add the cool whip. Serve cold. You can use as many apples or snickers as you would like. I just "eye ball it".

It tastes the a really yummy candied apple!!! I call it Snickers Salad.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 5:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Are you pregnant? If so, then this isn't good for your :)

Take some cool whip and add 1/2 C khalua or some other coffee flavored liquer and mix.

Take ice cream sandwiches and line the bottom of a casserole dish. Pour 1/4 C khalua on top-drzzle. Then add layer of your cool whip, another layer of ice cream sanwiches with drizzle, another layer of cool whip until all used up/dish is full.

Put in freezer until frozen again. Serve your ice cream cake!

One of my favorites is just some fresh fruit mashed with a bit of sugar/splenda served with Natural Vanilla ice cream (Breyers).

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 4:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Chocolate Eclair Dessert

Cream puff dough:
    1/2 C. butter
    1 C.sifted all purpose flour
    1/4 tsp salt
    4 eggs

Melt butter in 1 C. boiling water. Add flour and salt all at once. Stir. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat, cool slightly. Add eggs one at a time, beat until smooth. (It's gonna look like you screwed it up, but just keep stirring!) Spread the crust in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes, than at 325 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. It will be very bubbly looking. Let it cool.

Filling:

1- lg. vanilla pudding
    1-8 oz cream cheese (softened)
    1-8 oz cool whip

..............cont.........
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Make the pudding; add gradually to the softened cream cheese. Mix well. Spread over the cream puff crust. Cover pudding mixture with cool whip.

Drizzle Hot Fudge over the top of the dessert. (As much or as little as you want)

Sometimes I make this with Chocolate pudding and drizzle with Carmel topping.

I also sometimes make these in muffin cups so they are individual servings. If you do muffin cups, sometimes the dough needs to be pushed down when you take them out (while lowering the oven temp). Push them down if too bubbly and continue baking at the lower temp.

I'm not allowed over at some of our friend's houses unless I have this in my hands when I get to the door! People LOVE it!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Flan Napolitano

1 Can Condensed milk
    1 can Evaporated milk
    1 Glass of milk
    1 bar of Philadelphia Cheese
    6 Eggs
    A sprinkle of vanilla

Mix all these condiments in the blender
    in a stainless steel or glass container or pan put some sugar and put it on the stove till the sugar gets caramelized,
    Once the sugar gets to cool down pour the mix on it. next steam the flan till the mix looks like jello.
    A the end just place it for a little while in the fridge after 2 hours enjoy it its delicious
    Cindyringuis

Answer by Cindyringuis at 5:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Heat heavy cream and stir in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (adjust based on how much chocolate you like). When they are well blended, put in the fridge overnight. The next morning or evening (whenever you need it) whip it and you have chocolate mousse. You can add a tablespoon of your favorite brandy if you like. I like to put it into a decorating bag and pipe it into big wine glasses. It looks very fancy, tastes great and is as easy as can be. Keep the cups in the fridge until serving. You can shave a little more chocolate on top if you want it to be really nice looking.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 5:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• This is so simple 2 Granny Smith Apples 2 Cans of Crescent Rolls 1 1/2 Cup of Sugar Cinnamon 2 Sticks of butter A small can of Mt. Dew The recipe is on the web site The Pioneer Woman Cooks it is so easy and very good!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Take 1 tube cresent roll and flatten into bottom of 9x13 pan. Beat 2 8oz cream cheese, 3/4cup powder sugar, 1egg white, and 1tsp vanilla until well blended. Spread on top of cresents. Pour 2 cans of cherry pie filling (or whatever fruit you want) on top of cream cheese mix. Top with another tube of cresent rolls - make sure all seams are pressed together. Bake 350 for 30-35min or until golden brown. Let cool 20min. Mix 3/4cup powder sugar with 1-2tbsp milk, mixing until desired thickness. Drizzle icing over your fruit danish. Serve warm and refridgerate the rest! YUM!
    rHOPEb

Answer by rHOPEb at 9:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Chocolate cake bars - very easy, only a few ingredients, comes out of the pan like a brownie, but is between a brownie and cake, no icing.)

1 3-oz package regular chocolate pudding mix
    1 package chocolate cake mix
    1 cup chocolate chips (or peanut butter chips)
    1 cup chopped nuts
    (or: coconut, etc)

Cook pudding according to package directions. Add dry cake mix and mix well.
    Put in greased 9 X 13 pan.
    Spread chocolate chips and nuts on top.
    Bake at 350° about 25 minutes.

When I first made this I thought, this can't work, but it does and it is delicious. I cooked the pudding in a mixing bowl in the microwave, then stirred the cake mix in, pour in the pan, sprinkle the toppings over, and bake. )

Answer by Bmat at 11:25 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Dump cake......put 2 cans crushed pinepple in bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan or glass dish. Top with 2 cans cherry pie filling. Top that with 1 yellow cake mix with 1/2 stick butter cut in for the topping. Evenly spread over fruit. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Serve with cool whip or vanilla ice cream.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2009