Scheduals.. What do you think?

Ok ever since my son came home from the hospital I have let him make it own schedual because that what everyone told me todo. Hasnt been a problem til now.
He is now all off the schedual he's had for well the last 6 almost 7 months of his life.
This is his old schedual.
9-wake up and eat(bottle and baby cereal)
9:30-Play time
11-12 -Nap
3-4-Wake up and eat a jar of baby food and have a bottle
4-6-Play time
6-Nap
8- Wake up eat and playtime
11-Eat the last meal of the day and go to bed
It was like this for as long as I can remember and now it's all messed up..
What should I do?
Should I just makes my own schedual for him and go from there?
What are your scheduals like and how did you start them and when?

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, he sleeps in his crib just fine during the day thats why I dont understand why he wont at night.
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i hate these questions your the mom you decide
    Anonymous

• How has it changed? He doesn't want to go to bed anymore?

How very helpful of you anon., God forbid anyone asks for actual advice on this site. I suppose you would prefer she talks about farts or something.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Maybe try to set your own schedule and see how he responds to it. I'm sort of in the same situation and finding a routine that works is hard!!!
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 5:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well now he will wake up anywhere from 6a-noon somewhere in that time span he wakes and then insted of one long nap and then a short on he will take 3-4 short ones. The sleeping late and the weird timed naps are causeing bed time to keep moving farther and farther back. It was almost 3am last night before he went to be then only slept for about 30 minutes and was back up and would only go back to sleep in her was in our bed. I'm not aginst co-sleeping but he's all over the bed so I end up having to sleep on the couch that and the thought of rolling over on him kills me I wouldnt be able to handle it.
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• The schedule we have him waking up and feeding is the same, however naps and feeding is different almost everday.

Wakes up at 6 and eats a bottle
    We play until maybe 8 and he takes a nap
    Wakes up at around 9 eats another bottle and we play and he has some food at 11.
    He then sleeps 11:30-12 --12:15.
    Maybe something to eat if he's hungry and play until 2.
    Sleeps until 3.
    Bottle and plays until 5.
    Watches a video from 5--6 or something like that.
    Bottle, food, and sleep by 6:30.

He is almost 6 1/2 months.
    Anonymous

• Oh and we started a schedule early but it's always changed a little based on what he wants to do. He used to go to bed at like 10 and wake up at 6. One week he changed it from 6 to 6.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you could wake up really early for a few days to get him going to bed earlier. At this age, you can definitely try to revolve his schedule around yours. The short naps can be annoying. Does he take his naps in his crib? My daughter is almost down to one long nap a day. She will take a short nap after she wakes up and has a bottle. I think she is so hungry that she wakes up to eat and then goes right back to sleep for a little longer. Mid day, when she is getting cranky, I put her in her crib and she will sleep about 2 hours.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Teething can often throw a baby's schedule completely out of whack, so that might be the problem. As far as schedules go, it isn't necessary to have a strict schedule determined by the clock so much as you want to try to have some predictability. My daughter wakes up around the same time each day, has a nap in the morning and a nap in the afternoon or early evening, and goes to bed around the same time each night. That's it for our schedule. Other than that, she eats when she's hungry and plays when she's playful. Babies change so quickly that you really have to be flexible. Just go with your baby for awhile, and a schedule will probably develop naturally again.
    Mergath

Answer by Mergath at 5:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I formed my kid's schedules for them. They are 2 and 4 yo and they are up at 6:45, my 4 yo goes to school from 8:00 till Noon, my 2 yo naps from 10:45 till about 2 or 2:30. They both go to bed at 7:00. Our schedule has pretty much always been the same way. Around 6 months is when I started implementing the schedule and they just naturally conformed to it. But, we're a family that thrives on schedules and plans. Schedules don't work for everyone. Hope you can get things situated, for your sake and your baby. I hate when they get their nights and days mixed up.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 7:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2009