PC

I'm so tired of being politically correct can't we just stop all the nonsense? I'm white your black. I'm not a European American any more than You are African American. Were you born there? I thought not, so that makes you a Black American does it not. I'm a white American. So what? And please don't try playing the race thing it just won't work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL.....Who you callin' "BLACK"!

LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 5:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• OK.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 5:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• agree!!!
    Anonymous

• If you really feel this way and think you are right, why hide behind anonymity?
    Mergath

Answer by Mergath at 5:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• So what is your question?Do you have something against "black"?And when you were born somewere outside U.S. you always would be part of that country.

Anonymous

• I love this kind of nonsense. You're white. I'm black. I'm glad you made it through Elem. School. You sure did figure that one out on your own.

LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 5:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

WRONG! My oldest daughter was born in Japan but I wouldn't let her be half japanese for anything. They tried to rape my friends, push my husband over a cliff, and tried to burn our apartment down. My daughter is American not Japanese.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I don't think the OP was talking about Japanese Americans.....

or maybe I'm just lost.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 5:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• If I may play devil's advocate for a moment-

It's possible that the reason for this is because Europeans for the most part came here voluntarily whereas Africans were forced to come here in slave ships and were stripped of their heritage. By calling themselves African American they are trying to reconnect with their roots. That is just a guess and I could be way off base.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 5:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Leave it to Miriam to shed some common sense.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 6:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2009