im so scared .....sorry its kind of long....plz help!

im 33wks pregnant with my second baby. my first was born via c section because he didnt tolerate labor well. i was in labor with him for 15hours befor needng a emergency c section, they cut into me befor i was ever numb from the epi because his heart rate was droping and they needed to get him out fast i could feel everything they adventually druges me real good and i dont remember much after that. My dr said I could try for a vbac this time and i want to so bad but im scared of another long labor with a c section in the end. so i thought id just plan a c section but im scared to death of that to. i just dont know right now we are planning a vaginal birth but what if things go wrong again. Ehhh its stressing me out im not sleeping im just toatally worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Every labor is different. I was in labor for 25 hours and had a c-section. I too felt everything because they didn't wait long enough. Repeat c-sections are far more dangerous than VBAC's. There are drugs for vaginals as well. Have you taken any lamaze classes or anything? Those help alot with nerves. Or you could hire a doula. Labor isn't easy. That's why it's called labor. I would suggest the vbac, it's safer for you and your baby.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 5:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• It certainly doesn't hurt to try for a VBAC. sarapurser is right, a c-sec is more dangerous than a VBAC. With my first I was the classic "failure to progress". After 18 hours of labor, pitocin etc. I still wouldn't dialate past 6cm.

My second time I wanted a VBAC. I got it! A 3 hour labor and 100% easy natural delivery. That was a surprise!

I know several close friends who had VBACs and all of them swear that a vaginal birth is SOOOO much better and less scary than a c-sec. Having done both, I would NEVER electively schedule a c-sec.

Right now vaginal delivery is the unknown for you, that is why it is scary. Let yourself go into labor and give it a try. At any time if things are not going well you can get the c-sec.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• VBAC puts at a higher risk for your uterus rupturing due to the scar from CSection.
    ChristianNurse

Answer by ChristianNurse at 12:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2009