carseat for new baby

so im getting ready to buy a carseat for our baby who is on the way here in 3 weeks or so.
im just woundering how many actually bought the infant carseat? I was thinking of just buy the covertable carseat that will hold baby from 5lbs to 40lbs. that way i dont have to buy another seat for baby when they are a year old. but then again it might be handy to have the infant carrie seat?
so for those of you who just used the convertable do you wish you would have had a infant carrie seat or for those who had the infant seat are you glad you had it or did you fnd your baby out grew it to fast?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was glad that I got the infant seat. If baby is sleeping you don't have to move him/her. It's another safe place for baby when you can't hold them. It also makes things like running errands easier if you can put baby in the car seat in the cart, b/c not all stores have the infant seats on carts.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 5:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have found it much easier to have the infant seat. It keeps baby off the buggy at the store, it keeps people from wanting to touch them when they don't know them or when they are asleep, sick, etc., It is handy when they are asleep and you don't want to wake them. I used the convertible seat for a few weeks with my first born and decided we needed an infant seat so we bought one. I would spend a little more and get an infant seat then a convertible seat.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 5:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• im not sure if this is a rule at every hospital but .. at mine and i think its law in pa.. to leave the hospital u have to have an infant carseat... mine is part of a travel system with the stroller..
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i had an infant seat with both of my boys and will with this one too....its a lot more convenient i think.
    navywifey2006

Answer by navywifey2006 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• we got the infant carseat travel system with the stroller also and we loved it and still do. my daughter has grown out of the carseat but we still use the stroller. i think its worth it to get the infant carseat.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 6:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I used the convertible from the beginning. I didn't like the infant carrier ones because I saw too many moms who carried baby around in the "bucket" all the time and never held the baby. I also felt like the convertible ones seems more stable. I got the Britax that has the rear facing tether and it just seems so sturdy.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2009