MUCUS PLUG????

I AM ALMOST 38 WEEKS WITH MY 3RD BABY.....I HAVE NEVER WENT INTO LABOR OR EXP ANYTHING TO THAT NATURALLY I WAS INDUCED URLY WITH BOTH MY OTHER PREGNANCIES...

OK SO LAST THUR I STARTED TO HAVE A CHUNKY DISCHARGE...IT WAS MUCUS LOOKING, CHUNCKY, AND WHITISH GREEN LOOKING. SO I THOUGHT "WOW I HOPE I DONT HAVE A INFECTION!?." SO I WENT TO MY DR. APT FRI AND DR CHECKED AND SAID IT WAS ME LOOSING MY PLUG SLOWLY. SO ON TUESDAY I WENT PEE AND WHEN I GOT UP TO FLUSH AND BOOM THERE WAS A CHUNK ABOUT THE SIZE OF A OREA COOKIE BUT IT WAS NOT BLOODY OR RED TINTED. SO I WAS LIKE HUH.... SO CAN UR MUCUS PLUG BE MUCUSY AND NOT BLOODY AT ALL? I HAVE NEVER LOST MY PLUG WITH MY OTHER 2 KIDS SO I AM NEW TO ALL THIS.... PL HELP.
I HAVE A DR APT NEXT TUESDAY...BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW B4 THEN.....

ALOVINGMOTHER3

Asked by ALOVINGMOTHER3 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't remember losing my first but with my second it was just creamy colored and a lot of it no blood tinge at all.
    SusanReeves

Answer by SusanReeves at 5:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• It can very well not have a drop of blood in it. and be perfectly normal So don't worry its normal to have the big "chunk" of greenish/yellowish discharge...
    Anonymous

• could be the plug
    BabyOnTheWay312

Answer by BabyOnTheWay312 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2009