need potty training advice!

my son is turning three and is still not potty trained. need all the advice i can get. we put all our focuse on potty training him for two weeks and he even tried really hard and wanted to use the potty but ever time he tried nothing happened. he would sit on his potty for like an hour reading books and watching tv just waiting for the pee to come. this poor boy really tried. and nothing so we took a break. now i want to start trying again but don't even know where to start or what to do. advice please!

3babyrebellos

Asked by 3babyrebellos at 5:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've never potty trained a boy, but I recently had success in 100% fully potty training my 2 1/2 YO daughter. I wrote a journal on it... feel free to read it and pm me if you need more help.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 5:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• ok well what i did was one day i stayed in their room all day and gave him a bottle of water and some saltines. with towels and potty ready to go. no pamper on at all.then we waited till he peed and he actually saw it coming out, we did that for for about a week of and on.then i took him on potty breaks the next week every 5-10 min i know we spent a lot of time in the bathroom that day, gave him stickers everytime he tried eventually he started peeing.we did that for about 2 weeks. after that i waited longer to take him potty and i would not ask i would just say potty break anyway we did that for about 2 weeks. and we would call daddy and grandparents to say he went potty made a huge deal.and now he is potty trained. i hope this helps you a bit.oh i also would run the faucet do he would hear it
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 7:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Hey, it's Rach. Have you tried a potty party yet? I've got this book that tells you how to do it, have yet to try it tho. Anyway, have a potty party day! I've also got a cousin that's trying to potty train her 3 year old daughter. She's almost completly potty trained. She got her husband to call the house and pretend he was Mickey Mouse, told her that if she went potty on the potty all day that day he would tell mom and dad to take her to see her cousin Chuckie Cheese. It's worked! I'm thinking if the potty party doesn't work, that's what I'm going to do, I'd better get working on Elmo's voice tho. Let me know if you need any info from the book I have, I'll pass it along to you.
    Rach716

Answer by Rach716 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2009