infant seat what do you recomend?

i posted a question asking about convertable vs infant carrie seat sounds like i wana go with a infant carrie seat for convience so im now woundering what brand is recommended? what did you use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Britax is the safest brand. My childs safety is well worth the extra bucks. We had a britax infant seat. Might I also reccomend that when your child outgrows the infant seat and is in a convertable seat, he be rearfacing untill he's reached the maximum limit for the seat, usually 45 pounds. It is safest. I wish they would change the law and make every baby rear facing until 45 pounds (or more if the seat allows it!) I have a Britax Hi-Way convertable and it goes rear facing to 65 pounds. Sorry to get off subject, just love to spread the word.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 6:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• thank you for your recomendation iv been doing some research on infant seats and i just didnt know which is safest. honestly i believe the same thing your child safty is well worth the few extra bucks. id rather my new little guy be safe because i spent alittle more then not as safe because i bought some cruddy seat for cheaper.
    Anonymous

• Pediatricians recomned Graco Safeseat, you dont have to spend tons of money, but this is one of the most recomended carseats, infant ones, i personly bought a Peg Perego, which my doct liked also.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i like the graco seats.

http://www.target.com/Graco-SnugRide-Infant-Car-Seat/dp/B001QFDTQA/qid=1236984461/ref=br_1_2/181-8217395-7206312?ie=UTF8&node=12953781&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=12953781&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=2
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 6:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• They all meet the same safety requirements and go through the same tests. I personally think the Britax are overpriced and not big enough. JMO. I have an Eddie Bauer Alpha Omega Elite. Its all adjustable and supposedly goes up 40 lbs. I think my son will have grown out of it length wise by the time hes 40 lbs, but nevertheless, its about $140-$180. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• The safest car seat is the one that fits into your car properly. With that said the Baby Trend Flez Loc car seat has the HIGHEST safety ratings of any infant car seat on the market.

The first PP is correct that in general Britax car seats have better safety ratings than other car seats but the Baby Trend even beat out Britax when it comes to infant car seats in safety crash test.

But again the safest car seat is the one that fits into the car properly. Not all car seats will fit into any car. Call your local Car Seat Safety Check Point (often it's a local fire station) and ask for recommendations based on the type of car you own or will own when the baby is born.
    Anonymous

• In one of the plethora of baby books I've been reading, the author cautions about whom you trust when selecting a car seat. He recommends consulting Consumers Union (consumerreports.org) rather than the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin, the Consumer Product Safety Commission or the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association. He says those three organizations don't use strict enough standards. Consumer Reports uses higher speeds and both front and side collisions. The only drawback to using Consumer Reports is that you have to pay a fee to use their site. It isn't outrageous, but still there is a fee. I've chosen the Graco Snugride 32 based on their ratings. My sister-in-law has chosen the Chicco Key Fit, which has the highest rating on their site.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2009