Should I say something to FIL?

Ok FIL keeps telling my 3 yr old DS that he will pick him up. Well when we set a day DS keeps asking is PAPA coming? I tell him not till tomorrow. Well on the day PAPA is "coming" every car door DS hears he runs to the window and looks out the window and grabs his kite and his diaper bag to go. Well it been three months of this and PAPA hasn't showed up. Should I say something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• of course, why would he say that to him and not show? that's horrible. talk to your S/O about it too.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 6:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yes. Let him know that it merely sets your son up for disappointment and having a negative view of him. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yes. I can't believe you haven't before now, you're probably too nice and understanding. If it happens one more time I would ask him to stop making plans so your son won't be disappointed.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 7:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2009